shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

marooned

So, I'm stuck. On a desert island. And I get to choose five things to carry along with me on this insane Gilligan's Island adventure. (Whose idea was this anyway!?!)

Here's my list:

1. My blackberry. Most of the time, it's my technological ball and chain, but I have a sneaking feeling that the moment I'm on that island, I'm gonna want the phone and the internet and Google something bad. I can email friends and family and tell them to come rescue me, I can check the weather ("what's the zipcode for deserted island, middle of nowhere?"), and I can look up recipes for a tasty fish and grass soup. Homemade, y'all!

2. My iPod & iPod speakers. Maybe I can teach the native islanders (if there are any) about U2, Sheryl Crow, Will Hoge and the Beatles. And, if they're particularly nice islanders, I can let them listen to my top secret collection of Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and the new NKOTB song.

3. A razor. Nothing in the world irritates me more than prickly leg and underarm hair. Ick, ick, ick.

4. Dental care products: Floss, toothbrush and toothpaste. I am with Megan on this one...gotta have that fresh breath. What if one of the native islanders looks like Jeffrey Donovan?

5. Finally....the most important one - Chocolate. Any old kind, and in any form. Preferably combined with peanut butter, but I'm on a desert island...I'm not picky :)

So...that's it. With those five items, the native islander slash Jeffrey Donovan lookalike and I can listen to music, eat chocolate, check our email, and enjoy my smooth legs and underarms....all with fresh breath. Perhaps I won't email for help after all...

5 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Mmm, chocolate. Amen, sister.

Anonymous said...

choc and PB - the greatest combination, EVER. I think it might be a while before you were emailing for help with these supplies.

Anonymous said...

A razor is a MUST. Glad you put that one on the list.

Niki said...

Your island sounds fun - I hope I get stuck there!

Ruby said...

How about chocolate combined with peanut butter combined with the islander? Mmm!