shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Taking These When I Go

I'm sure that being sent away to an island with only a scant few things available is supposed to sound a little bit torturous, but I'm not so sure. Cast away, all alone (perhaps?) in some tropical locale sounds kind of nice. A little bit of swimming, a little bit of sunning, a little bit of snoozing... a girl might get carried away just thinking about it!

I Would Be Lost Without:

1. My COMPUTER (with Internet access, a microphone and web cam, of course)! I think I would be utterly and totally lost without it. Just think of all of the stuff you can do! Out there on that island I would still be hooked up with the latest news and recent TV shows, I could rock to the radio, read a book and chat with friends. Or even just play a game of solitaire, in my solitary state. I could compose a bad ass journal of my exploits on the isle or create killer graphics for my favorite blog. OR I could create one helluva blog! Yeah, that's it! I would be a blogging, cast away fool!

2. If I'm going to be a blogger of the world, I'm certainly going to need my DIGITAL CAMERA. It seems like I don't wander too far without it handy for everyday experiences, so I can imagine how stinking important it would be for island life! Would I be able to trade up to a new, fancy cam, maybe? A big telephoto lens would be awesome for capturing all of the spectacular things (and maybe even not so spectacular things - read: bugs) that I would see.

3. DRINKS would be rather important as well. From plenty of fresh water to the gallons of Diet Coke that I go through, I need lots of beverages. If I said that I don't wander too far without my camera, I really don't wander far without a drink. No matter what. Tasty adult beverages may need to be included in this Drink category as well. Oh, and ice. Or some sort of refrigeration. That's not asking too much, is it? Please tell me that doesn't count as an item all on its own, does it?

4. Because if it does, I'm really screwed when I lump all of my PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS into one. First and foremost: a toothbrush and toothpaste! Let me wash my hair with berries and rub leaves in my arm pits for deo, but this woman has to have a fresh feeling mouth. Bar None. But all of the other niceties would be rather helpful: lotion, deo, chap stick, a RAZOR, etc. It's all in the name of keeping myself semi-presentable for my web casts, y'all. No vanity here. Nooo no. (Notice no make up in the list. Who needs that when I'll have a killer tan?)

5. Finally a soft as down and light as air, BED. On this island I'm guessing that it's a touch bit warm, so my feather bed probably wouldn't do so well, what with making me hot as hell and sticky. But something along that line that would make for some super comfortable sleeping. How else am I going to have the energy to hunt and gather food, make a hammock out of leaves and branches and lift 12 oz. refreshment, if I'm not well rested? Precisely.

This is all sounding rather good... until I think of 'Survivor' and all of the nasty, biting insects, no food, no bathroom, and the hot, blazing sun. Hmm. In that case, I alter my list to include:

A YACHT WITH A GOOD LOOKING CREW, LOTS OF FOOD, A BATHROOM AND A MAP TO GET ME THE HELL OUT OF THERE.

5 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

StrandedOnAnIsland.com would be a killer blog! Ditto on the computer. And the bed.

Anonymous said...

Great list. . it will be hard not to have overlaps and repeats on this topic as I am in agreement with you on everything!

penelope said...

I'm sayin'! We're going to have to get creative. Can't imagine going anywhere without personal care products, either. Or the camera, really. Or drinks. Damn!

Tempe said...

Love the list!

Yep...there will be some overlaps...that means our smartini gals who post later in the week will just have to get more creative ;)

Niki said...

ditto on the yacht with good looking crew! and good call on the dental care - i don't think i would've thought of it, but now that you have, it's absolutely necessary!