shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Thursday, June 19, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 6/19

News you can use:

Sports news has Tiger Woods winning the U.S. Open and the Boston Celtics winning the NBA Championship. Just soes you knows.

A gas station owner in West Virginia has quit taking credit cards, due to the cost of processing them. As the price of gas goes up, so does the fee station owners pay to the credit card companies (which is typically a percentage of the sale). Who knows if this will pick up as a trend, but don't be surprised if it does. I used to work at the central office of a gas station chain and let me tell you, credit card fees are a sore subject, no joke.

Yesterday was the funeral for Tim Russert in Washington. It sounds like a very lovely service, indeed.

News you can lose:

The downturn in the economy hurts business everywhere, even the cathouses in Nevada. Business is slow, y'all, but I wonder if it's less about the economy and more about people taking lessons from this man?

Word of the Day:

cogent, adjective: having the power to compel conviction; appealing to the mind or to reason; convincing.

While studying geometry I thought the terms were 'cogent' and 'tangent', but my teacher was very cogent in convincing me that I was wrong.

2 tips left at the bar:

Karen said...

What about debit cards? I'm so screwed if they stop accepting debit cards!

Ruby said...

Credit and debit are considered the same, I'm afraid! I know, it would stink, big time!