shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

soul food, kittens, and louboutins (oh my!)

I love this week's weekly special. Here’s my best shot at what I’d do if I had stacks o’ cash with which to play:

1. How did you acquire/earn your fortune?

By opening a small restaurant in the village called Lucy Nell’s – named after my maternal grandmother, the cafe dishes out soul food (think shrimp and grits, collard greens, fried chicken and sweet tea) to the jaded masses of New York City. Because it became so popular, I opened outposts in LA, Miami, and, of course, Athens, Georgia.


2. Where is your primary place of residence?

I have a modest apartment in
Midtown Manhattan and a cottage in the Hamptons and a country home in Connecticut and a chalet in Aspen and a beach house in Malibu and a … okay, you get the point. Come visit, y'all!

3. Where is/are your vacation homes?

I'm rich - my entire life is a vacation, so I just have homes – no vacation homes. See question 2.


4. How do you spend your days - do you work? Volunteer? Watch tv? Lay by the pool???

Yes, yes, and yes. I stop by my restaurants to terrorize my staff (okay, not really, I just pop in and pretend to be a top chef), I volunteer at local animal shelters, and I sit by the pool. All day. But with proper SPF. : )


5. All super-rich people have them, even if only for the tax write-off: What is the name and mission of your charitable organization?

Tazzy’s Place – named after our furry son, it's a no-kill cat shelter/foster program for abandoned kitties.


6. Who is your celebrity BFF?

The entire cast of Grey’s Anatomy. And...


Liv Tyler when I need a sweet friend, Britney Spears because she needs saving, Jessica Simpson when I need to feel smart, and Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward. I don’t know why, really on that last one – they just seem like a really cool couple.

7. Other than your multiple homes, what are your other millionaire indulgences?

Two words: Christian Louboutin. And Manolo Blahnik. Oops - wait, that’s four words….hello, Jessica? Want to come over to hang at my pool…?

5 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

wow, you have some expensive taste, Ms. Thang! LOVE the BEAUTIFUL homes - "modest" and you call that a "cottage" haha!
Great name for your restaraunt, too. I definitely think it would be a hit.

penelope said...

Those Manhattanites NEED your restaurant to introduce them to some tasty Southern fare. Especially sweet tea!

Tempe said...

Agreed, Pen. And REAL sweet tea, not the stuff that comes in a can. Ick.

Niki said...

I think you need to open up Lucy Nell's immediately. Immediately.

I love that you are friends with Brit-Brit; that makes me extremely happy for some reason. Oh wait, because I'm a big dork.

Ruby said...

I fourth the motion about the restaurant. Who wouldn't love some soul food?!

Oh, and the shoes, the shoes! I can smell your plastic burning from here with all those fat money purchases!