shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Making fat bank

My millions rolled in with my ingenious invention of a teething cap that fits on Baby Bjorn and other such carriers. It's simple, but practical and keeps them from getting soggy and occupies the baby. It's just a piece of plastic with dimples and ridges to stimulate the babies gums that snaps on the folded cloth when the baby is old enough to face forward and is in the stage of putting everything in his/her mouth! It quietly flew off the shelves and I export it around the world and even started making flavored (all-naturally, of course) ones including strawberry, cherry, banana and sweet potatoe!

I would still want to live close to family, so wouldn't be permanently located anywhere exotic. And, I would also want to be practical about traveling to vacation homes, and would want to be able to use them frequently. Of course, having the full private jet that can accommodate lots of friends and family would assist in that endeavor. All the homes would have to have enough acreage to land the plane so we wouldn't have to fool with airports at all (or security? how does that work with customs?) I would want a ranch in Wyoming or possibly even Texas. And a lake house large enough to hold lots of people - the 2005 HGTV Dream home in Tyler, Texas would accomplish both of these in one! Heck, I'd take any - or all of them, because I can, right?! Then, you've got to have a beach house, so why not in Hawaii? But, I would want one closer as well, even with the jet at our disposal. And a villa in Tuscany would be pretty sweet as well, I do have to say. Any villa, how do you possibly choose? It's too much fun, forget practical, clearly.

I'm still claiming practical, though and would want to do something with my day in the adult world - perhaps tending to my charity: Turn a Deaf Ear, a school (that's more like a fun, educational summer camp) for kids with hearing and vision impairments. I've always been fascinated by sign language and Braille and the strength of people with handicaps and I would want to do something to help empower people. As much as I would want to do something to help sick people, and especially kids, I would feel so overwhelmed and depressed and would rather have something that focuses or something more positive and uplifting (unlike healing? I don't know, my mind is strange sometimes.)

I lead a quite life, but you might catch me in a picture next to Jennifer Garner. I've always felt she was so down to earth and would be a good friend and person to be around. Plus, she's my celebrity preggo buddy, so our daughters are close in age and could play together.

My other indulgences would be my children, probably clothing and decorating all of the homes. I wouldn't want to totally spoil the kids rotten, but would want them to have lots of rich experiences and a full, happy life. Also, pampering friends and family and sharing trips with them. Nothing too outlandish, really. But, I'm sure I could keep the list lengthy if I really had it to fulfill.

4 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Sweet invention! You'd be raking it in for sure.

I heart Jennifer Garner. :)

Niki said...

I have no idea what your invention is, but it sounds like you need to get started on it because for REALS you could be a multi-millionaire! Then we could come visit you at one of your homes for the annual 4th par-tay, and you could fly us there in your private plane!

Ruby said...

Rock on with the invention! I think you have a much better chance on that than I do with the W.Ho!

Pretty, pretty please can I ride in the plane? And maybe go the the happenin' lake fest?

Andria said...

Oh sure, you ladies act like you'd want to participate in my 4th of July bash in fantasy world, but when you get a REAL invite every year, you can't make it. Like NC and KS are soooo far away without a private jet. ;)