shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Must I stop at 5?

Niki thought that when she proposed this Weekly Topic, those of us that are married might balk at it. .however, I assured her, we are precisely the ones that need these lists to be in place and widely known so we are allowed to pursue our freebies freely if the opportunity should present itself. It has been quite pleasurable to think about the topic for days on end now and devour some pictures searching for the best candidates and shots to post. Further, it prompted quite entertaining conversation with the Hubby (whose own list would include Tina Fey and perhaps Christina Aguilera surprisingly, but was kind of hard to come by) and our readers have been more vocal, as well. So, thanks, Nik!

Is it sad, though, that I had to go to http://www.people.com/ and look at their alphabetical list of celebrities to complete my 5?! I feel like I'm slipping and should have had these handy pretty quickly and easily. Only one or two came naturally, though, the rest I had to dig a little to realize my deep-seated passion for. Once I got going, however, it was rather difficult to stop. Of course, I was trying not to repeat any of the delectable honorees already mentioned and perhaps offer some different choices. But all of mine are strictly movie/tv based, which is not very well-rounded of me, either. oh well, let the feasting begin.

I feel like he's sort of an uncreative choice because it's so obvious. Although, actually, I know a lot of people don't really like him, but I've always had a "thing" for Mr. Brad Pitt. He just makes me swoon (except for those few disastrous straggly years of unkempt scariness. Not a fan of the Kid Rock or wildebeest looks) Sure he can have some bad moments, bad hats, or bad hair, but don't we all? And those are far outweighed by his beautifully rugged features. Those fully kissable lips, sweet dimples, those piercing eyes, expressive eyebrows, that intoxicating smile and effortless laugh. yum-my!

Gossip Girl's Chace Crawford is quite nice to look at as well. More piercing eyes and easy smile. I tend to like a sense of playfulness and occasional brooding. Must I really explain myself? Is anyone really even reading anymore, anyway?

Tom Welling. I know I just mentioned him, but I still must include Superman on my list. Strong, chiseled jawline and beautiful smile - I think I'm sensing a theme here. He can play troubled soul so well and looks nice in corn-fed plaid Americana or in a sleek suit.


Perhaps a little outside of the mold I seem to be casting, I present Jason Dohring. Previously Logan on Veronica Mars, and currently I get to watch more smugness on Moonlight. Yet another baby face - maybe it's not such a stretch for me, after all, it appears. I don't mind these guys with a little scruff either, though; that's hot, too.

Another long-time crush would be with Jeremy/Jason London (because, really, can you tell the difference?) All the way back to Man in the Moon with Reese Witherspoon, to MallRats with Jason Lee and I know Jen's with me on his role as Griffin from Po5! There's something vulnerable and real about him for me.

Definite honorable mentions:
Justin Hartley - I just recently mentioned him as well and I wanted to try not to repeat myself, or he probably would have made it on my list.

Eric Winter - Apparently, he is a former Soap star, but he's also Senator McCallister's gay brother on Brothers & Sisters and the DA on Moonlight.

Josh Duhamel - he's got a goofy sexiness that makes him very real. I don't watch Las Vegas as regularly, but when I do, I like seeing him. And I think he and Fergie are cute.

Michael Vartan - I do miss seeing you on Alias. I had trouble finding pictures, because I kept looking up Michael Vaughn!

Alex O'loughlin also of Moonlight and another square jaw, dimples, sexy smile and deep brooding.

Josh Hartnett - silent type with deeply penetrating eyes.

Angelina Jolie - that's right, just checking to see if anyone's still reading. But, she's so beautiful, if she propositioned (and she's just the right amount of dirty that she very well might), there are a few of us that wouldn't pass up that opportunity. Especially, if she included Mr. Jolie in the indecent proposal. Or am I wrong? Too far? Just thought I'd throw in a curve ball. . can't keep everything so straight-laced around here.

Sean Connery - I think silver hair and beard's are very sexy.

Tiger Woods - he's sweet, with a winning smile and I needed some kind of non-movie/tv person!

Oh and David Cook on this season of American Idol. Now, I have a musician as well. He's getting more and more smoldering as the show goes on (good work stylists!) He can sing sweetly, rock it out, is a self proclaimed "word nerd" quiet, reserved and charmingly humble yet confident.

Ok, I'll stop, because there are still 2 girls to go after me and I wouldn't want to leave them too limited.

4 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

What a way to start the morning! :)

I went to People.com too, trying to find their list of beautiful people but got distracted by Jenna Bush's wedding pics. Bah.

Thanks for solidifying my last open spot with Josh Duhamel. Yum. Yum. We watch Las Vegas and yeah, it's partly because of his goodness!

Angelina Jolie makes me raise my eyebrows... not because it's a chick but because its her. She strikes me as the kind who would make you her B. Maybe someone a little bit 'cleaner' for me.

Um, yes, I concur with Tiger Woods. Love the smile. I also love the smile of Usher. Oh, and his abs, those are nice too!

penelope said...

So many good calls on this list! Michael Vartan, yum. Also a fan of Jeremy/Jason London, whichever one we're looking at. Yowza!

Niki said...

I thought about Ms. Jolie, too! And oh definitely if Brad is involved. I actually really love those two together, in light of their charitable ways.

Good call with Logan - he's so so hot and devilish.

jenn said...

Yes, Andi, I am with you on the London brothers! I totally have the hots for Griffin every time I watch Pof5.