shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, August 24, 2009

Go Make These. Now.

I just made these awesome German Chocolate Cookies that are so delish, I'd say they are f-ing awesome German Chocolate Cookies.

You need to pop over to the store, pick up the ingredients, and make them ASAP.
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1/4 cup flax seed meal
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 3 oz. dark or sweet baking chocolate, chopped
  • 1/3 cup flaked coconut
  • 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
  • Chopped pecans, optional
  • Flaked coconut, optional
I promise, you will not be disappointed. A couple of things:

* Do not be turned off by the somewhat "nontraditional" ingredients, i.e. flax seed meal and coconut shreds. 1. I found flax seed meal in the organic section of my supermarket out in BFE, so I'm sure yours has it, too. 2. You cannot taste either of these. Seriously. Don't know what flax seed meal tastes like, but you only taste goodness in these cookies. The shredded coconut becomes part of the texture of the cookie and just adds mild flavor. I promise. Would I lie to you? No. No I would not lie to you.

* These are super duper chocolatey and rich. If you're not into that, maybe omit the dark/semi-sweet chocolate. I accidentally left them out, so my first batch didn't have them. Guess what - still f-ing awesome. Added Ghiradelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips (instead of chopping up baker's chocolate) to the rest and oh my goodness! CHOCOLATE-Y. My threshold for rich desserts is pretty high, so you know if I'm telling you it's rich. . .it's rich. And delicious!

Now, if you'll excuse me, there are a few glasses of wine with my name on them. I'm going to need lots of downers to balance the caffeine uppers in these chocolatey confections if I'm ever gonna get to sleep tonight.

1 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

I am equally impressed with your domesticity and very, very hungry. YUM!