shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Who's Calling?

If your friendly Smartini barmaids were calling you right now, what would it sound like? Would you have a special ring tone for each one of us? Or maybe one for us as a whole, like:


I Love This Bar - Toby Keith

I'm digging the idea of 'I Love This Bar!' Unfortunately, we don't always get to choose what our call sounds like to others, though, do we? No we do not. Because if we did I certainly wouldn't choose for my call to be identified by this song:


If I Had $1000000 - Barenaked Ladies

Although, now that I think about it, I do like the song and am very, very poor, so it's actually kind of perfect. But still! Why couldn't my ring tone to others be something awesome like:


Girls - The Beastie Boys


Technically I don't have a customized ring tone for my phone or the people that call me. Once I tried out Dixieland Delight and Margaritaville (random, much?) but found that I couldn't get the perfect balance between being able to hear it and annoying the crap out of everyone within a 1 mile radius. I also tried to make my husband's ring tone an audio clip from Blazing Saddles "Excuse me while I whip this out," because that movie is hi-larious and makes us both laugh. But again, I couldn't ever hear it and was afraid that *some* people wouldn't think it was near as funny as I did.

If I was one to have a custom ring tone for the people in my phone book, they would fall out something like this:

Husband


Western Skies - Chris LeDoux

Mom


Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffett

Tempe


Centerfold - J. Geils Band Um, you'll have to ask her because I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING about why this song makes me think of her.


Niki


Im On A Boat - The Lonely Island Timely and relevant.


Andria


Good Hearted Woman - Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson The first song that Andria and her Hubby heard as man and wife, which I think is freaking awesome.

Penelope


Better Together - Jack Johnson Hopefully Pen won't call me very often since I be lulled to sleep by this ring tone rather than answer the phone. Actually, I have no idea if she even likes this song (?) - I was purely operating off of the phrase 'coma music' and this is what I came up with.

AND FINALLY...


Edward Cullen


Love Bites - Def Leppard Predictable, yet oh-so-good. Especially because the first words are 'when we make love...' Yes, please.

3 tips left at the bar:

Niki said...

OMG. Perfection. All the way around. Edward Cullen, the Smartini barmaids. Just. F-ing. Perfect.

Bj in Dallas said...

Nice.

I think I would set all of your ring tones with
"Tequilla Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"

the good thing about ring tones is that YOU set them and the person calling has no choice in the selection-
like "The Bitch Is Back" ...of
"Love Stinks"
I think I'll go play with my phone

penelope said...

Coma music! That just warms my heart. :)