shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

These? Oh, they're my fat pants.

It's the night before Thanksgiving, and as I sit here, I'm alternately congratulating myself on all of the cooking and prep work that I accomplished today and mentally calculating the logistics of what cooking there is left for tomorrow. Why in the hell they didn't install a double oven in my trailer, I'll never know... ;)

On the menu at Casa Megan will be:

Oven Roasted Turkey

Cornbread Dressing

Squash Casserole


Sweet Potato Souflee

Creamed Corn

Deviled Eggs


Rolls


Pecan Pie


Sweet Tea

Just let me know if y'all will be stopping by for all of this deliciousness. (I'd come early if I were you.)

This is the first time I have ever cooked a turkey, so we'll see how it all shakes out. Right now that bird is chilling in a cooler full of brine (the cooler full of wine, however, is NOT for the bird) which will be done at 2 AM. (Poor planning on someone's part, that's what that is.) If it all turns out well and good, I'll be sure to share the recipe. If not, I'm not telling where I found the recipe because you will make fun of me. I know how y'all are!

The plans I concocted earlier this week may not turn out exactly as hoped since the wee little babe has not arrived. No worries! We'll celebrate the tiny Miss right there in her mama's belly. Maybe once she gets a little taste of my cooking she'll decide to come on out and join us?! Now THAT would make for a interesting Thanksgiving!

We'll be watching the parade tomorrow morning, I'm sure. How about you? It seems like last time I suffered through one of those parades I felt the overwhelming urge to strangle an entire cast of a Broadway show or a C class singer riding atop a float. I must love to inflict show tune pain upon myself because you know good and well I won't turn it off. That would be un-American!

Tomorrow evening, in keeping with the I'm An American theme, we will be watching either A Christmas Story or Christmas Vacation. Or both. My, how I love those movies! Look for me to begin quoting lines from each one very soon. Or mentioning Cousin Eddie in that damn dickie. I'm laughing just thinking about it!

Y'all have a nice Thanksgiving, and try not to watch too much football!

1 tips left at the bar:

Bj in Dallas said...

HEY MEGAN
My dressing turned out MUY BUENO!! Hope your menu tasted as good as it looked!!
was Christmas vacation the one where the brother in law says "Don't know why they call this Hamburger Helper, it don't need no help..."
love that one!!