shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks!

*I believe strongly in writing personal and descriptive Thank You notes. I wrote one after my first career fair to one of the employers I had met there and it was a big reason I got called in for an interview and subsequently hired - I was 1 of only 2 people that had written one.

*I sign a lot of my emails (especially work)

Thanks!
Andria

*I try to teach my kids to be gracious and say "Thank You" and sign it before they can actually speak it and make a point to use it in my everyday speech (especially talking to them) as well to demonstrate.

*I think it's a fantastic thing to give thanks and reflect on what you have to be thankful for. Add in lots of yummy food and family and you understand why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.

*This year in spite of (in light of?) some of the recent changes and upheavals, there are still so many blessings in my life that I am grateful for. Among them:

~two beautiful, loving, sweet, fun, intelligent children (and I'm not bias, really)

~a loving and supportive husband

~lots of backup and love from my family

~great in-laws that love to dote on the grandbabies

~cousins for my kids to grow up with

~great friends that keep in touch with me - even those that are reading, but don't leave comments. It means a lot to know you check in. And those that have reconnected or even formed virtually thanks to the diminishing distance the Internet provides.

~the freedom to be home with my kids and also to change the direction of my life/career.

just to name a few.

Thanks!

1 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

Thanks, indeed!

(I think your Thank You cards are world renown!)