shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, September 26, 2008

Application for Awesomeness Pending

Qualifications:

  • Somewhat of a domestic diva. And let’s just note that when J.Lo took the test on my behalf, I scored well over a hundred.
  • Domestic diva abilities include running own company, making (and using!) own household cleaners, and pinching pennies.
  • Also baking a mean cookie.
  • And cooking. Specialties include homemade meatballs and sauce, pizza from scratch, crab cakes, chicken pot pie… and lots of other stuff. 
  • Can pack five tons of shit into a ten-ton bag. Or room. But that doesn’t really make sense.
  • Multi-tasking. Three blogs, two children, one husband, and a whole mess of TV shows? It’s a lot of work!
  • I decorate for holidays. A little bit.
  • Oh, and I can make snowflakes!
  • I know how to insert hyperlinks.
  • I also bowl pretty good on the Wii.
  • I’ve only gotten one speeding ticket in my life and to date have no car accidents on my record. On a related note, I have a semi-psychic ability to foresee when people will change lanes.
  • Never had a cavity. Yet.
  • Never broke a bone.
  • Never had stitches.
  • And apparently have never lived on the edge!
  • But I’m okay with that. Because I can write a good list.

4 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

Boy... Friday afternoons are rough. Crickets seem to be our only bar clientele! If anyone needs me, I'll be in the corner, sulking over my beer. :)

Anonymous said...

Lots of folks cut out early on Fridays. . not a reflection on you! You'd think the bar would be a good place to head, but alas, there's always traffic to contend with, so be patient! I know several of us that are part of the late night crowd and are just getting going.
This list does indeed rock. I hope it doesn't jinx you, though!
I have never had a ticket or accident either. See, I don't like writing that or saying it out loud, because it scares me that I might not be able to say it again. I had a cavity on a baby tooth that fell out. And then, I moved to Atlanta and the dentist wanted to fill every tooth in my head, seriously. Since leaving him I have been to 3 dentists without another filling, so I'm skeptical of how many cavities I really had!
I think we are definitely having a cookie contest at our Smartini Retreat in the Spring. If only so I can reap the benefits of all of the excellence.

penelope said...

I know. I'm totally crabby. :)

I had *knock on wood* in there at some point, but it didn't make it into the final draft. I say it in my head every time I speak those words!

Cookies. Yum.

Ruby said...

You are awesome, aren't you?! That's one hell of a list, my dear, and I must say that I'm jealous. Especially of the Wii skills, which I think should be put on everyone's resume from now on.

No cavities, broken bones or stitches? Geez louise, woman!