shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, August 4, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/4

News you can use:

At a Hindu temple in India, 145 people were killed in a stampede yesterday.

The details from the absolutely horrible murder of a passenger on a Greyhound bus in Canada get worse.

A hurricane watch has been issued for the Louisiana and Texas Gulf coasts.

News you can lose:

Tell your grandparents, Schlitz beer is coming back! (Not Schlitz malt lickity, this is the beer.)

Word of the Day:

brevity (noun): 1. shortness of time or duration; briefness 2. the quality of expressing much in few words; terseness

I have been quite busy with my Truth or Dare Weekly Special, thus my brevity with the daily news.

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Brevity is the soul of wit!

I am still scraping my jaw off the floor re: the bus hacker story. I MEAN WTF!!!