shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

You must try this!

Have you ever made your own wine cooler? It’s yum-O for summer, and very simple.

If you like white wine, get a bottle of Cherry 7Up or Cheerwine. Fill a wine glass with ice, helps if it’s a bigger glass than normal. I always advocate a bigger glass than normal. Then, it’s pretty much half and half with the wine and C7U/Cheerwine, and stir.

With red wine, you can use orange soda. Haven’t tried that one myself, but I can vouch enough for the white wine mix to say that it’s probably pretty tasty, too. Cheers!

3 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

Mmmm! I'm a white wine girl myself so this is right up my alley!

Cherry 7Up, here I come (because y'all know I've already got the wine).

PS: Cheerwine - not available here in the land o' wheat.

mendacious said...

i was picturing fermentation and possibly an illegal moonshine operation but this sounds like something everyone can do.

Niki said...

I am equal parts appalled and extremely excited by this recipe!