shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, May 19, 2008

Pick up lines

I occasionally watch Doug Wilson's Moving Up on TLC. The show chronicles 3 couples as they move up and renovate and redecorate their new homes. Then, the previous owners come back to see the changes. The episode I watched the other week had some interesting quotes - at least I found them amusing:

The original homeowners (who were a lesbian couple) describing their bland bedroom before they move: "I think this bedroom can be very romantic. In fact, I installed a dimmer switch." oooh, wow, if that doesn't scream romance!

[The same couple changed the dining room in their new home into a pool room and Doug walks through the home to see the changes before bringing the original owners back to see them]
Doug: This is a very masculine room.
after a long pause, couple replies: "I don't know how to respond to that, Doug. Just because it has balls in it, doesn't make it masculine."

When the previous homeowners come back to see the house, they are saddened by the changes made to modernize the old brick fireplace and went on and on: "We always loved the fireplace. It looked great at Christmas, you hang your stocking and put a wreath up, where are they going to put a wreath?"

The lesbian couple watching the previous homeowners come through and critique their changes, laughing replies: "I'm a Jew! " classic. they couldn't have scripted this stuff, I tell you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another quote I liked from a recent episode of Moonlight:
The main character (a vampire Private Investigator) asks the female protagonist "should I be jealous?" and she immediately and coyly replies "Of course. Whether I'm attracted to him or not, the fact that you are jealous makes me feel desirable."

I thought that was a great response.

2 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

I've never seen Moving Up but sounds like it would be worth checking out! Those are some great responses!

penelope said...

Moving Up is pretty fun. I love when the homeowners get offended at the most personal things getting changed around, like a nursery with the kid's name on the wall. I mean, I can understand the memories and work are being done over, but honestly... the new family wants to create something new for their own kid, not have "Nicole" plastered on the wall for baby Samuel, or whoever. Let it go!

Plus, Doug Wilson is so enjoyably snarky.