shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, April 14, 2008

PSA: Junk Mail-o Reducto

I love, love getting mail, and am sorely disappointed when there's nothing in the mailbox. But even worse is when it's filled only with junk mail. Credit card and other loan offers, catalogs that I already have a million copies of around the house. It's just a bunch of crapola I've got to sift through, rip up, shred, and/or recycle. I'm a busy girl, and I've got better things to do with my time!

Actually, I do enjoy looking through catalogs, but I'm really not a fan of a catalog I just received a few weeks ago with the exact same content. The company has simply slapped a new cover on it, thinking I will be lured into buying something this time. It seems like a colossal waste of paper to me. So yesterday I hit upon a couple of websites that are handy for reducing your junk mail. *And bonus: For all you GREEN Appletinis out there, it's yet another way to save the earth.

1. OptOutPrescreen.com: You can opt out for just five years by completing an online form, or you can print out the paperwork, mail it in, and opt out permanently.

2. Catalog Choice: Here you can look up catalogs that you already receive by name and put in an order to stop those catalogs from coming to your house. You can also select the reason why, such as receiving too much information from that company, so maybe they'll get the hint? Catalogs are fun, but sheesh, enough is enough already! Especially since the same material is all online.

1 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I agree whole-heartedly with you on this one. Thanks for the tip!