shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Here's me, keeping it real

Yep, this is exactly the kind of thing that goes on in my house when a window won't stay up.


I swear, this has been the state of affairs ever since the weather turned nice enough to keep the windows open. I'M JUST THAT CLASSY.

(Are you checking out my yellow counter top and happenin' wallpaper?! I can see the jealousy in your eyes!)

6 tips left at the bar:

Cakelet said...

Actually, I was checking out your really pretty back yard, which I can see clearly thanks to that useful beer bottle. I tend to use rulers or scrap pieces of wood to keep the windows up. I definitely prefer your method.
Also? I have that same paper towel thingie. Got it at a tag sale. I don't think they make them any more. It's a treasured possession.

penelope said...

Aw, is that one of the beers from the retreat, or are they all gone?

Your backyard is fab, it's true.

Ruby said...

Cakelet - Thanks! I really, really hate to tell you that that is merely our tiny little side yard (which leads to a pasture). Our other side yard is the one that kicks ass. Maybe if y'all are sweet I'll post a pic... :) And how funny about the paper towel holder! I got that at Target at least 8 years ago. It's barely hanging in there, but I love it so!

Pen- Clearly you have no idea how much beer we drink at my house. Are they all gone? Puh-lease, woman!

Bj in Dallas said...

totally works for me, I'm all about reach for the closest thing that will fix what I am holding before it falls. I see your train of thought....

did you know a butter knife is also a screwdriver??

we could have a Southern Blog Slur in your yard....in Tents!

Laura said...

Thats awesome - its all about repurposing items to be green these days right? Fantastic... makes me long for my college days when beer bottles were not only window stays, but door stoppers, flower vases, musical instruments and as always, badges of honor.

-Laura :)

M said...

I always knew I liked you, I just couldn't figure out why!

Can you start stalking me again please, I miss seeing you hiding in the bushes?!