shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Two Thumbs Up

Taraji Henson


Love the dress, love the hair, love the necklace, but most of all love how happy she looks. And is that a red purse? Hot. Your movie sucked (Benjamin Button - don't waste those hours), but you made a great Academy Awards debut Taraji!
Beyonce's mom would've made this dress look like a hooker, but you pull it off with class.  Just enough sparkle to be interesting, but not enough to be tacky. On any other person, I might not like it.  I have no idea who you are, but I am insanely jealous of your curly locks and your cleavage. Fierce! 
At first I was not a big fan, but then she completely won me over somehow.  She looks like the embodiment of old-school Hollywood glamourous.  I think I may be developing a slight girl-crush on Ms. Hathaway.
Just because I love it so much, Freida Pinto bears repeating:

Some critics are saying this is an "old" look, as in she's dressing for the 75 and up age bracket.  But I would disagree saying that her dress is a combo of modern Hollywood and traditional Indian saris. The asymmetrical neckline is awesome, the color rocks my world, and even the arm lace that didn't work for Sophia Loren adds a touch of elegance.  This dress would look beyond ridiculous if I tried to wear it, but she completely pulls it off.

For Friday I think I'm focusing on the hot (and not-so-hot) gentlemen, because who doesn't love eye candy at the end of the week?  That means that I wasn't able to get around to writing and posting about as many of the women as I'd hoped.  So I now open the comments as a free-for-all discussion on any atrocious or gorgeous lady I may have missed!  (i.e. Meryl Streep - classy but boring color? Reese Witherspoon - I cannot decide b/c blue and black combo was great, but WTF was up with the pattern? Vanessa Hudgens - why was she there?)

3 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Yes, two thumbs up all around. I too have a girl-crush on Anne Hathaway, she's just so damn lovely all the time. And totally, with the Freida Pinto dress!

penelope said...

Ew, I don't know about Reese's dress, was just looking through some pictures. It's like the designer made it in the dark or something. And yes, Meryl's dress: classy but boring color. She needs to stand out just a little more. Also, Diane Lane's dress was simple black, but I really liked the cut/style?

Anonymous said...

The whole night I kept saying that Taraji Henson's entire ensemble was THE best of everything I saw that night. And I loved Frieda Pinto's dress; I thought everything about it - the cut, teh color, the fit, the jewelry!! - was flattering.