shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This Southern Girl Is Home

I'm back, kids, and boy have I missed all of y'all!

The move back to Georgia was quite an interesting adventure and I'm sure I will have to catch all of you up on it... later. But for now, let me entertain you with a picture of a sign that tells me I am home:

Hand to my heart, this is a real sign along the main drag in my husband's hometown (in Georgia) that I alternately could not believe and found highly amusing. So I pulled into this Pizza Hut and took a picture of their Hooked On Phonics Testimonial just so I could post it here.

BUFFAY?! Sweet Mother.

Welcome Home, Georgia calls to me, Welcome Home.

(Doesn't the bar look so swank?! I swear I'll go away more often if this is the kind of thing that happens when I'm gone!)

Oh, ok, I can't resist: Just one picture from the big move:


Lilly, chilling during a pit stop at McD's

4 tips left at the bar:

Andria said...

Yea!!! Glad to have you back, you were definitely missed.

Lily is a hoot. You don't spoil her a bit do you? That's one fluffy bed and looks like it takes up quite a bit of precious cargo space!

Bj in Dallas said...

Megan!!
SWT Tea and a BUFFAY!!! You are definitely in the south!!! And there's a dollar store right next to Pizza Hut, thats fine dining and shopping in one block, right???
Get your little Georgia peach back into this game and we are glad you are relocated, sounds like to where you belong!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes ma'am -- welcome back! Cannot wait to hear the Tales from the Road, but if the buffay is anything to go by, the stories will be great.

BTW - Lilly looks completely hopeful, like she's about to get a Happy Meal or something :)

penelope said...

That sign is simply fantastic!

Aw, Lily. So calm, headed to her destination.