shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, August 29, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/29

News you can use:

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin accused the U.S. of provoking the conflict with Georgia.

John McCain has made his selection for VP, and is expected to appear with his choice at a rally in Dayton, Ohio today.

Tibetan spiritual leader, the Dalai Lama was admitted to a hospital in India on Wednesday, apparently suffering from 'stomach discomfort.' This article refers to the Dalai Lama's website, which I find very amusing!

News you can lose:

You knew I was going to do it... More news from the DNC because I'm watching, even if you're not!

Al Gore cracked a recycling joke (is Al after my very own newly recycling heart?) and Obama spoke in such a way that made me not care at all about his stance on certain issues, I just wanted him to keep talking. I was unable to concentrate on anything else.

The three Obama girls had quite the lovely dresses on. Kudos to the stylist who picked them out, they looked great together.

THANK GOODNESS there were no nasty open mouth kisses like in conventions past.

At the end of Obama's speech, during the fireworks and confetti, Only In America by Brooks & Dunn played. Granted, the words were very, very fitting, but holy crap, Brooks & Dunn?! Gag.

Not related to the DNC: Pen made my Mongolian Beef last night and told me it was fabbo and that she would 'make it again fo sho.' Trust us, kids, we know some good stuff. FO SHO.

Word of the Day:

chthonic
(adjective): dwelling in or under the earth; also, pertaining to the underworld

Even though Pen says they're not, the characters from her book totally sound like chthonic people.

2 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

I heart Obama and I wish I could vote because he would be my choice, but alas, I am only a mere resident and not a citizen. But I'm grooming Ned for when he turns 18 and will make him vote for who I want!

penelope said...

Whoa, chthonic! I like that.

The MB is really, really good, guys! And it's a really well-balanced meal!