shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/27

News you can use:

Hurricane Gustav made land fall in Haiti yesterday, bringing sustained winds at 75 mph. The hurricane triggered a landslide that killed one man, the only known casualty so far. Gustav is projected to possibly hit the Gulf coast by Saturday.

More news from the DNC: Hills spoke last night and when she walked on stage I thought HEAVEN HELP US, SHE'S WEARING A PANTSUIT AGAIN. And then she mentioned her 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pantsuits' and I almost died. I don't care who you are (or who you vote for) that's funny.

A computer glitch at many of the nation's airports had hundreds of flights delayed Tuesday. The glitch was in the system used for filing flight plans, however the cause is not known.

News you can lose:

Bills, at the DNC last night, was SO Darryl Hammond on Saturday Night Live with his lip biting and thumbs upping. Also, the words 'I bet he's getting a hummer right now' might have been said at my house.


Also, how do you like the book reading gal to the right? That's what I thought!

Word of the day:

melange
(noun): a mixture, a medley

Looking at the nice mixture of books we are recommending here at the bar, it's quite the melange!

4 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

I heart Daryl Hammond as Bill and Will Ferrel as George W!

Anonymous said...

I read it as Gusty, which I found amusing.

I also find it amusing that you think the real person was the impersonator and not the other way around. :) (I couldn't get the video to play, but it could be my computer)

You complain about us not paying attention, so maybe I won't get in trouble for calling you out on the fact that you've already used melange as the WOD! On 8/19 talking about the Olympics swimming! remember?

Reading is Hawt!

penelope said...

The other day Hills was on the TV, and K.Lo said, "Snow White! Snow White!" in this awed little voice, very sure of what she was seeing. I think we need to get her eyes checked.

Andria said...

Oh my! The innocence of youth; that is just too funny!