shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 6/17

News you can use:

All of the terrible flooding in Iowa is going to hurt the already painful price of food. It's estimated that the corn production in Iowa will be short by 5 million acres, or 700 million bushels. In light of all this, corn traded at an all time high at the Chicago Board of Trade on Monday. Holy crap, this is getting insane.

A May 15th ruling in California that legalized same sex marriages took effect Monday at 5:01 pm. Several county clerks extended their hours yesterday to issue marriage licenses, and some couples married on the spot. One notable marriage yesterday was that of a lesbian couple who have been together 55 years and are currently in their 80's. Wow.

My not BFF Al Gore officially endorsed Barack Obama yesterday. I swear, if Al gets the veep nod I will writhe in pain on the floor. (While I generally try to keep my political views out of sight, I cannot help it when it comes to my pal Al. I know, I'll be shunned to some melting ice cap somewhere, but after witnessing the big, nasty kiss he laid on Tipper at the convention, there's just this haze over him that tells me he is just WRONG... Stepping down from the soapbox now.)

News you can lose:

A deal for Sirius Satellite Radio to acquire XM Satellite Radio is nearing completion. Aww, and here I was really enjoying those XM commercials with the rap guy and his wave teeth!

Word of the Day:

prink \PRINGK\, transitive verb: 1. To dress up; to deck for show 2. To dress or arrange oneself for show; to primp

Al Gore is such a prink. (Ok, really, I'm done. For today, or right now, whichever comes first.)

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

There's this haze over ALL of the politicians that tells me they're just wrong.

I'll wave to you from my ice cap as it floats by your ice cap.