shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, June 23, 2008

Recommended by EX TV MDs

It's been a long time since I've laughed out loud at an ad. Leave it to Neil Patrick Harris to deliver this bit of awesomeness:























Text at the top: "Body odor protection recommended by former TV doctors, like me." -Neil Patrick Harris, EX TV MD.

At the bottom: "You don't need a real doctor to get protection against the torment of chronic body odor and wetness. You need Old Spice Pro Strength Antiperspirant. It's prescription-strength wetness protection without the prescription. Take it from me, I used to be a fake doctor."

As a discerning consumer, I totally appreciate this kind of advertising genius.

5 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

Gosh, I loved Doogie back in the day. And now look, he's still got it!

I am a little confused by the tan, though... I sort of think it's hot, but then again maybe not.

penelope said...

Yeah, I wasn't sure about the tan either, like if it was done for the general fake-doctor look they were going for? I say NPH is hot regardless!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! Man I used to love me some Doogie Howser.

pearlsandchocolate.com said...

Well, Doogie Howser, MD would know!!! Great blog!

Anonymous said...

Wait. Doogie wasn't a real doctor? WHAT?