shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

PSA: Top Chef Recipes

Word is they serve higher-end Bar Food at classier establishments. But if you've always aspired to cook like Richard Blais or Antonia Lofaso, you can now look up the recipes used on Top Chef during Quickfire and Elimination challenges. Frankly, I'm not about to try a recipe that calls for "large pieces of Hamachi belly" and 1 cup of "sweetbread nuggets," because um, excuse me while I share my real feelings with the Porcelain Gods. But other recipes look much more appealing, and some are even plausible. Granted, it's probably never going to happen, me in the kitchen cooking up a dish that calls for "coppa ham," because well, I don't even know what coppa ham is, or where to buy it. But that's not the point of Top Chef. The point of Top Chef is to watch and dream about eating and cooking such pretty foods, to pretend you are the kind of person who would actually ingest BRAINS.

And while you're perusing through the recipes, you can vote on who you think will be the NEXT Top Chef. My money's on Richard, in spite of the Hamachi and sweetbreads. Or Stephanie. But please, please don't let it be Lisa.

0 tips left at the bar: