shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Making An Ass of Myself

Most bar scenes are wrought with people making an ass of themselves, so why should this bar be any different?

This weekend I purchased a new pair of jeans, a pair that I am quickly falling in mad love with. As any girl knows, one of the most crucial components of a kick ass pair of jeans is, well, the ass. Every. Single. One. of us turns around in the dressing room and checks out the rear view. So when I find a pair of jeans that fit how I like AND is friendly to my not so tiny tush, I snap them up in a heartbeat.

This magical pair of jeans from Maurice's (who knew?) are hip looking, very low rise and are made to fit my size (ahem, not a 6, let's just say). A lovely combination that is very, very hard to come by.

And so I present the evidence.



Left: Maurice's Jenna Right: American Eagle Boyfriend that should have never been bought
Left: low pockets closer together. Right: higher pockets further apart.
Left: multi-toned to aid in distraction. Right: mono-toned - ugh.
Left: S'good. Right: Do not make this mistake.

Oh, and did I mention that these jeans were only $30? AND that they come in a long Long? YES!!

(Boy, do I love you girls a lot... I posed in my living room. With my camera on delay. And took pictures of my bottom. To put on the INTERNET. All for spreading the word about a cute pair of jeans.) I need a drink.

AT LEAST THEY AREN'T MOM JEANS.

7 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Wolf whistles from over here!

That Mom Jeans commercial makes me laugh every single time. Hi-larious. Friends don't let friends wear Mom Jeans.

Ruby said...

You know, my ass is feeling rather lonely out there in the internet all alone...

If any of you other girls would like to post your own do/do not type photos, I would be most appreciative. What's that? No, you say? Then Mom Jeans for all of you!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! But, I love the evidence and I have to agree with you on your points - the pockets closer together really makes a big difference! I've always heard a rule about not having pockets or too much "stuff" on the back if you have a bigger behind, but I TOTALLY disagree! I cannot NOT do pockets - I need something to break it up back there.
I've got a pair from Old Navy that I'm loving (not sure you're going to get a picture out of me!) - Sweetheart - it's got like an extra bit of fabric or is designed well at the top, so that when sitting or leaning over, you're not exposing your crack or constantly having to pull your shirt down in the back! And it comes in Short. So, that's a bonus for me. Long, long - just rub it in. . .ass.

Anonymous said...

before I comment I have just one question... Does your husband read this blog?

Ruby said...

That's a negative.

Anonymous said...

Your husband may not but I remembered that my wife does. Let's just say that Conway Twitty put it best.

Ruby said...

While it certainly isn't out of character for me to wear tight fittin' jeans, that was not on purpose. Since I don't wear that one pair anymore, they hadn't been throught the post dryer stretch. I should have done a few squats in them first!

Oh, and your wife told me she would grab my low pocketed ass the next time she saw me. She is so rad!