shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, June 20, 2008

I would SO win this show

Some little girls dream of diamonds, boyfriends, and weddings.

I dreamed of going on Road Rules. The less-watched sibling of MTV's Real World, I vividly remember watching the marathon of Road Rules: Europe and could. not. wait. to emulate their tequila body shots and running with the bulls. The latter was never accomplished; sadly, I believe the former was :(

They always got to go on grand adventures, do daring feats, and drive a damn cool winnebago thingy. Plus, they got to meet up with the Real World-ers and beat their asses at the competition. It was perfect.

Then came The Amazing Race - a Survivor/Road Rules hybrid show. I adore the concept of this show, but for whatever reason it has never made its way permanently into my repertoire. Whenever I watch it, I love it, but I never seem to remember when it's on. I've often thought going on with my dad, who is almost 70 years old, would be awesome. My friend Nici and I also discussed our "gimick" as being the Nic/kis to get us on. But, Andi already picked it and so in the interest of diversity, I'll go with my other pick:

The Mole.

This show wraps up everything I love in life: travel, mystery, solving puzzles. It's fantastic. When it first premiered, Anderson Cooper hosted, and I was giddy that someone from Channel One was on prime time. I will be honest that I have never completed a season, and at this time have only seen part of the new (possibly improved?) The Mole. It may not make great TV, but I think that's because the tension is in the everyday playing, and that can't really be captured on screen.

I couldn't care less what the prize is. Winning is the only prize I need. Remember when I played the UVA Law Assassin game? I don't even know the prize, but I sure do remember my winning moment. The Mole sort of reminds me of that. It's a fight to the death, and you've got to figure out who the betrayer is. Someone get me a video camera. I think I need to make an audition video ASAP.

5 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

I think that you on The Mole would be perfect! Actually, you in any competition would make for great tv since you are so. damn. competitive!

(Reading about you playing Assassin is some funny stuff. Everyone needs to go take the links, pronto.)

Niki said...

Thanks, Megs! If you want further Assassin reading, there's more in my March and April 2006 blog archives.

penelope said...

I had never considered The Mole--I keep hearing about this show. I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

Great choice. I remember you documenting the Assassin game - that was some great stuff.

jenn said...

I have never seen The Mole or The Amazing Race, but I can say unequivocally that ou would totally kick ass on Road Rules.