shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How Amazing it would be

What Reality show would I be on and why?

I knew my answer for this week's topic as soon as Megan sent it to me. Hubby & I love watching The Amazing Race and have always talked about the awesome experience it would be to be on it together.

I think he has more confidence in me than I have in myself, though, because deep down, it makes me nervous to think about traveling through unfamiliar places - especially with the added stress of doing it fast and without mistakes! I feel good about my role as co-pilot, navigator, reading the map and his role of driving, but there's still pressure to make sure I lead us in the right direction and get us there! Then, some of the challenges -- they can really be physically trying, but he thinks of me as more athletic than I think of myself. Or jumping out of a plane?! He has total confidence I'd be able to do it. For Amazing Race and a shot at a million bucks *might* be the only chance in hell. But even then, I'd probably hesitate. Hopefully, I wouldn't freak out. He has little patience for those that don't suck it up, so I can imagine it would be hard and tense.

Also, to have our relationship under the microscope and on national TV is a little unnerving for me as well. We can be smart asses to each other and what if we came off as THAT annoying couple that adds all of the drama to the show? Or would the editing show that I was being totally unreasonable when I get pissed off or bitch at him (because I'm sure it would be warranted in reality, but makes for better TV to chop it up a bit, right?)

I have a friend that has actually sent in application videos with her uncle to be on the show and it would be so awesome to know someone on the show, and I can say, she would definitely be an entertaining character to watch! Her southern accent ("Spiiiiite") and high-end taste would make for some quality show watching.

Some other considerations:
I would secretly love to rock it on America's Next Top Model, but do not have the confidence or skills. Same with American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance - if I could dance or sing, those would be awesome! Do game shows count? Because I'd love for Hubby to be on Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader. Again, I'm not sure I'd want to take a test on national Television, but would love for him to win us some money!

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

So would you shave your head for the sake of winning the Fast Forward? I'm not sure I could do it. I might cry like that whiny model that was on there the one time.

I would so love to be on The AR for all the excitement, experience, and memories, but yeah, talk about about stress.

When you're watching the challenges, do you guys say to each other, "That one's yours," or, "That one would be mine?" We totally do that. :)