shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Karaoke

The other day as I was driving along, the local radio station that does a retro lunch hour had me kicking the volume up, up, up, singing like a fool and beating on the floor gear shift. I didn't care that I had the windows down and everybody under the sun could hear me... I was into it. After the song faded away and I composed myself, I realized that there are a handful of songs that make me act like a fool every single time I hear them.

Megan's Sing Loud Because You Just Don't Care Car Karaoke:
(Hit play and rock out with your bad self, like me!)

Blind Melon 'No Rain'



Culture Club 'Karma Chameleon'



Alabama 'Dixieland Delight'



Lil' Jon & Eastside Boyz 'Get Low' (clean version)



Def Leopard 'Pour Some Sugar on Me'



(I don't know half of the words to some of these, and don't like some of the ones that I do know, but does that stop me? Oooh no.)

2 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

wow, good list. I'm with you on all of them. . .except, "Get Low?" I didn't really know that one and can't say that I'm a fan at this point. This list could have been a weekly topic all on it's own!

Anonymous said...

I'd add Beastie Boys "Girls" because I have found myself bopping in my chair at work (and singing along with the complex lyrics) when I've heard it.