shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Inspector Catseau

Cats - So agile, so graceful. Poets have written thousands of verses on the elegance and poise of Felis catus, or the typical domestic housecat.

I have owned two cats (or vice versa?) in my life up until I met Taz in the Spring of 2004, when I met his owner, Chris. Every cat I'd ever owned had been a either skilled hunter (Snoopy), an aloof but graceful creature (Blanche) or both.


Not Taz.


Taz is the most klutzy, awkward cat I've ever met. It may have something to do with his weight - he's a hefty 16.5 pounds o' kitty - but he is really great at falling off of things. The bed, the dresser, the table...and sometimes, he can't even climb up something to start with. He'll make a leap from the bed to the dresser, and sometimes miss completely. Mind you, he lands on his feet, but it's a funny thing, watching almost 17 pounds of furry cat miss his mark entirely. But Taz, determined to appear to have some "cat-like" characteristics, always seems to brush himself off (figuratively) and look somewhat distinguished after every tumble.

This is why Taz must be Inspector Clouseau (as played by Peter Sellers) in the Pink Panther Movie Series. If Taz could mount the parellel bars, he'd certainly do something similar to the Inspector, in the video below. If Taz could talk, he would most certainly say, "Zat felt gooood" after clumsily tumbling to the floor.

2 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

Oh, my, that picture of Taz is SO freakin' funny! Sixteen pounds is one whopper of a cat!

What a great choice as an example of a clumsy goofball!

jenn said...

I'm sure that there are lots of laughs with Taz around! My cat Nessa tends to be rather clumsy. I can't help but laugh every time she falls off something. :)