shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, May 9, 2008

Eternal love

Illinois man orders coffin to look just like his favorite beer.

Somebody needs to invite Bill over to Smartini for a drink. And I bet he'll order a PBR.



I think the greater WTF here is not the fact that Bill had the coffin made to look like his beer o' choice, because I can certainly appreciate an affinity for some brew, but rather his choice of beer and what's going on in the picture around him. (Please notice: woman on left with an apparent cigarette held up high, a Christmas tree?, antlers of some sort on the wall, another older woman, bottles of something or another lined up, what looks like a broom handle and a rather conspicuous plug for the construction company... since 1944.)

This man strikes me a a hoot! AND after he got the coffin he had folks over for a par-tay with the casket filled with ice and Pabst. That's awesome.

3 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

Or perhaps the fact that he's already ordered it and partying it up?!

fun looking at the background stuff, too, really weird.

penelope said...

If I ever order my own coffin in advance, aside from being terminally ill, feel free to push me in and shut the lid.

Totally WTF!

jenn said...

Wow. This is simultaneously the most bizarre and most pathetic thing I have seen in a long time. Even my love of beer cannot help me understand this one.

I submit this as further evidence that people should be cremated.