shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

giving thanks, in list form

I'm thankful for:

*My parents.

*My husband.

*The anti-viral drug Peramavir, the drug that very likely saved my mother's life last week.

*Hugs - from someone special - or from a random stranger that sees you need one while you're crying your eyes out in the ICU waiting room.

*Kind nurses and doctors who treat you like people, not sicknesses or numbers on a list.

*Good friends - for their prayers, thoughts, e-mails, text messages, food, laughter, and support.

*Answered prayers.

*Sweet tea.

3 tips left at the bar:

Bj in Dallas said...

awww, Tempe, great list....

I'll be back with mine :)

Karen said...

I'm so happy that your mom is okay, and that you had the support of friends, family, and great medical care! Keep us updated. Prayers being sent your way...

Sheila said...

So, so good to hear that your Mom is doing so much better. Make's EVERYTHING so minor when your family isn't well...

so I'll say an extra Thanksgiving Blessing for you this year!