shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, March 16, 2009

Upon close inspection I realize that I am mildly insane

Since we teased y'all last week with comments about our retreat, I feel it's time to spill the beans:

We, the Smartini girls, who have NEVER all been in the same room at the same time, will be joining together for a weekend full of drinks, dranks, and drunks, no children, competitive foosball, a wine festival, a hot tub and lots of booty shaking at a huge-tastic cabin in the mountains that we could never afford had it not been for some mild coercion and sweet talking. And, according to Pen's husband, there will be topless pillow fights and tongue kissing amongst us girls. We'll see about that.

As we will be convening together in one short month, Tempe has been kind enough to offer to load up her iPod with each of our top 10 songs so that we can enjoy them together in our badass cabin that has THREE STORIES. Hells yeah!

(I am totally random, so watch out!)


Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp



Donkey Butt - Uncle Luke- 2 Live Crew



Faith - George Michael


No Rain - Blind Melon


Karma Chameleon - Culture club


Dixieland Delight - Alabama


Get Low - Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys


Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard


Girls - The Beastie Boys


Lets Get Drunk and Screw - Jimmy Buffet

7 tips left at the bar:

Cakelet said...

Mildly insane people really are more fun. And your musical tastes are very old school. I like it! Some of those songs were just coming out when I was a young'un. Brings back good memories. Hope your cabin romp is all you hope for. You're off to a good start so far.

kristin said...

When I met some blog buddies in Chicago in September, my husband totally thought there would be topless pillow fights and tongue-kissing as well.

What is it with these guys?

penelope said...

Awwwwesome. Love the selections.

Anonymous said...

Ruby my friend, we are kindred spirits when it comes to song selection. Random is the best -- all genres must be represented. I totally dig the list & cannot wait to see/hear the other Smartini selections!

OK, this cabin sounds DIVINE! 3 stories, in the mountains, with your girls. TOO MUCH FUN!!

Niki said...

Well, you've got Karma Chameleon and Pour Some Sugar on Me. Do I even need to make a list at this point?

Excellent choices, although I will admit that without Youtube-ing, I have no idea WTF "Donkey Butt" is.

Andria said...

love the mix, Megan! We will have some fun dancing in our undies, I'm sure! We will all be hard pressed (hee) to come up with a better selection, I think.

Nik, surely you know it once you hear it, right?!

Bj in Dallas said...

how in the hell did Donkey Butt get in between Jack and Diane and Faith??????

you are mildly insane, but thats why we lurve you.

Slumber parties ROCK- think you will get drunk and call old boyfriends???