shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Oh, this is easy.

I hate to say this, but I've been waiting on the opportunity to blog about this for quite some time.

Let the airing of grievances begin.

1. January 2009. Yeah, y'all have heard this one before, but it bears mentioning again. January sucked. Big time. My godfather died; my grandmother, grandfather, and uncle were all diagnosed with cancer; we cancelled our trip to Mexico; I got the flu; the cat got diabetes. All in one month. Ergo, I'm happy to kick that crappy month right in the ass. Goodbye, January. And good riddance.

2. Pan sauces. Why can't I get them right? I either make it too salty (too much salt), too tart (too much lemon), or somehow, the sauce separates right before my eyes. Ticks me off.

3. People that ask me when my husband and I are going to have kids. This could be anyone from my mother-in-law to my dental hygienist. Luckily, there's a blanket answer for each person: It's none of your effing business. Period.

4.
Lady GaGa. When I first heard "Just Dance," it annoyed the crap out of me. But then it got caught in my head. Thus began the love-hate relationship with said song and artist. Damn you, Lady GaGa.

5. The receptionist in my office. This one's tough, because she really does mean well. Seriously. But her learning curve...well, it's non-existent. She makes the same mistakes, over. and over. and over. Again. And again. You get the point. And, to make things more irritating, she gets nervous around me. Like I'm some mean, tough person that she should be scared of. And when she gets nervous, she makes mistakes. You see the pattern, right?

I feel much better, thankyouverymuch.

6 tips left at the bar:

Miss Thystle said...

Just wait till you hear that pantless tart sing "Poker face" you'll want to poke your ear drum out.

Bj in Dallas said...

So sorry about the horrible January, it just dumps on us sometimes and it sucks.
No advice for the sauces, mine are just hit and miss always, ...
my 12 yr old told me that song is awful (didn't know she knew it)
and can I apply for the receptionist position? I don't think I'm afraid of you yet and I give good phone.....;) my sales job is sucking wind.

Andria said...

yowza! That's some list.

And as sweet as I know you to be. . I could see being a little bit afraid of you. Having high expectations with little tolerance for ignorance or repeated mistakes comes with the territory when you are a super strong and intelligent woman. That's intimidating in itself. ;)

Karen said...

I hate, hate, hate it when people ask, "so, when are you having kids?" I think they deserve a boot in their collective a$$es. What if I didn't want kids? They didn't stop to think that maybe there are people like me who have problems getting pregnant.

And Tempe, once a person has kids, it doesn't end. Because those same asinine people will begin to ask, "So, when are you having the next one?" Or, my personal favorite, "When are you trying for a boy?"

Sorry... can you tell this has touched a nerve?

Niki said...

Do you have the authority to fire the receptionist? Because I can't take that crap - the same mistakes and whatnot. No. Unacceptable. Would Drive. Me. Crazy.

Ruby said...

Lady GaGa sounded AWFUL on Leno. And looked pretty damn ridiculous too!

It kind of makes me laugh that your receptionist is scared of you! Maybe she heard you give somebody a real dressing down and is afraid that you'll do it to her? OR HAVE YOU ALREADY?! :)