shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Wasn't At The Piggly Wiggly, But I Might As Well Have Been

I'm a little late to this party, but Happy Birthday, Andi! In honor of your glorious 30th, I thought I would bring over a tasty sampling of treats that I recently rediscovered on my first trip to the grocery store since moving back to Georgia.

I don't know if it's just Georgia... but it damn sure wasn't Kansas:
  • Apple Butter in the jelly section (Yum!)
  • A substantial selection of spray cheese
  • Salt & Vinegar chips (Yum Yum!)
  • Another substantial selection of Old Bay seasonings
  • An even bigger variety of grits
  • Cheerwine (for Pen's mixed drinks, perhaps?)
  • A slew of pickled items, not excluding snack bologna, eggs and pigs feet
  • Hubba Bubba at the checkout
  • A stand alone, out in the middle of the main drag display of pork rinds
  • Beer and wine singles (Wine is sold in the grocery store, yippee!)
Now that's what I call a party! A veritable buffay of deliciousness, if you will.

You can thank me later when you are feeling the after effects from all of that goodness. Happy Take Out That Hubba Bubba Because You're About to Eat Pickled Eggs Rolled in S&V Chips Seasoned with Old Bay and Topped with Spray Cheese with a side of Apple Butter Laden Grits with Crunched Up Pork Rinds on Top Washed Down with Cheerwine and a 40 oz. Beer Birthday! (OMG, can you imagine the water closet fall-out from that?!)

I keep getting more classy with every post...

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

You're killing me, Georgia Megan. And incidentally, my stomach, just thinking about half this stuff! Has anyone ever bought/used the pickled pigs feet?? If so, please share your experience. I'm totally fascinated by disgusting things.

:)