shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Zuma!

My sister introduced me to Zuma!, and now I can't. stop. playing. I mean, how could you stop playing a game where an ancient frog-like creature in a supposed Aztec-type temple is spitting what appears to be colored billiard balls at a zig-zagging line of colored billiard balls for points? Did I mention there are shiny coins, too?

I think that Zuma! achieves the perfect balance between ease and challenge. There are no secret codes or levels to unlock or complicated key sequences that help you skip levels. There are no additional components required. As long as you've got a mouse and a spacebar, you can be a winner! But it's not so easy that it bores me a level or two into the game.

The best part is when you complete a board, this tribal chant voice says "ZUMA!" I don't know what "zuma" means, but it sure does make me feel awesome.

3 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Holy crap, that sounds awesome. Especially the tribal chant voice.

Ruby said...

So I just spent 20 minutes spitting balls at balls, and really wish I didn't have to go back to work! Except that I haven't used the space bar at all... is that bad?

(That was one of the tips at the end of a level. 'Use the space bar, dummy!')

Niki said...

This game rocks! I'm with Megan...never used the space bar. What are we missing??