shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Penelope, the Christmas Dork

image Favorite Christmas Movie: Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the old-school one. I don’t care what you say, Megan! I really relate to those Misfit Toys.

Least Favorite Christmas Movie: Let me explain first that I watch a lot of those Hallmark Channel movies. Yeah, whatever. Go ahead and make fun. That confession said, I do NOT like the ones that feature characters with a terminal illness. Because dude, it’s Christmas. I want tears of joy.

Favorite Christmas Song: There are a few. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas,” pretty much by anyone, from Sarah McLachlan to Judy Garland to Rowlf the Dog. It’s so…wistful. Also, “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” by Andy Williams.

Least Favorite Christmas Song: I’ll just go ahead and agree, not a big fan of “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.” Tacky.

Favorite Christmas Food: That is a tough one. Maybe this Chocolate Mint Dessert Cake? My mom makes it every year.

1 Thing I WANT for Christmas: Stem-less wine glasses.

1 Thing I NEED for Christmas: A new computer mouse. Seriously.

1 Thing I’m Excited to GIVE for Christmas: A Snow White doll to K.Lo. The dress is all sparkly, and she has a horse. I can’t wait to see the look on K.Lo’s face, although I’m imagining she's going to be quite overwhelmed in general this Christmas.

1 Thing I HOPE this Christmas: That each of my friends has a good Christmas, filled with a little magic, wherever they are and whoever they are with.

imageRandom Christmas Item for the Bar: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is also one of my favorite, favorite movies to watch. However, the scene where Chevy Chase opens the attic door and the ladder flies down and smacks him in the face? It has made me secretly terrified of attic doors for several years running now. Even though most of them open with a simple fold-out ladder. I cringe every.single.time.

6 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

I seriously can't stand Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer. Why?! Why did someone feel the need to make that?!
Stemless wine glasses...oooh...nice. :)

Miss Thystle said...

I think this one is meowing...

penelope said...

She wrapped up her cat?!
:)

Niki said...

I'm going to go on record and say that I really like "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." I knew I would be in the minority, but that song used to come on when I was a kid and I LOVED IT. It thought it was HIGH-larious. So now I can't not like it because little Niki loved it so much. Also, we all know that a) I'm not one much for sentiment and b) I like to be a rebel.

Ruby said...

Hallmark movies make me laugh! Not My Daughter (isn't that one of them? or something along those lines?) :)

Christmas Vacation is so fantastic that just that pic of CC in the attic makes me chuckle. I wonder if I should watch it tonight...

kristin said...

Okay, Ladies - I have nominated you for An Award. Just passing on the love. :-)