shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, November 24, 2008

Thank You, by Megan

When we gather around the table this Thanksgiving, I will count among my many, many blessings these two wonderful things:

* The opportunity to move back to Georgia and undertake graduate school. How crazy is that?! This old dog is going to learn some new tricks, girls! The big dawgs in Georgia are welcoming me back and I couldn't be more excited. And truly, truly grateful for the opportunity to move forward in a career that interests me and to take my babies home to learn how to speak properly. ;)

* My last Thanksgiving in Kansas (for a little while, at least) will be spent with a family that is most dear to my heart, and hopefully their brand new baby girl. What a fabulous way to wrap up our time here, celebrating our blessings and theirs.

(And I'm also a wee bit thankful that I have internet access at home once again! I mean, I know you really shouldn't count things like that, but last week was kind of rough!)


May your stuffing be tasty

May your turkey plump,

May your potatoes and gravy

Have never a lump.

May your yams be delicious

And your pies take the prize,

And may your Thanksgiving dinner

Stay off your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

3 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know you were moving home. I know you have been looking for something or someplace new for a while. How exciting, that it gets to be back home! Good luck. I loved grad school; I am sure it will be exciting for you. Hope you and yours have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Those kids of yours are so adorable, just wait until they get that southern accent.

Bj in Dallas said...

MEGAN
Thats awesome you are moving back to Georgia...
I know you are excited, is that where the other Smartini girls are?
You have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for your internet friendship...feels like I've known you for years...
Bj

Anonymous said...

BJ - 5 of the 6 of us are originally from GA and went to school together, but currently, only 2 of us still live here (the others just come to visit parental units for the holidays), 2 are in NC, 1 in D.C. and Megan was representing Kansas, but will be returning to her roots very soon!!