shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, October 24, 2008

WTFriday 2

I think I have an email virus.

My email inbox insists that I have (2) unread messages, except that I really, really don't.  I've scrolled down.  I've changed it to sort by "unread."  I've even gone so far as to ask my inbox to please mark all messages as "read."

None of this has worked.  My inbox will not budge on that number 2.  It has been like this all freakin' day. 

Not only am I baffled, but I'm frustrated.  It's such a tease.  Like, thank you, as if I don't feel loser-y enough on days I only get marketing emails from all the online shopping I do, but now my inbox is teasing me that I've got unread messages WHEN REALLY I DON'T. 

Dear Email, I hate you. Please stop.  Love, Niki. 

3 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Dude. I hate that! Yahoo has done that to me before. Maybe sign out and sign in again?

Niki said...

Oh yes, Pen. I've tried everything. I logged out and in, out and in. I have turned the computer on and off. I have switched computers. NOTHING has worked. Stupid f-ing 2 unread messages. My email may have to change....

penelope said...

Actually, I think that happening was one of the many small frustrations that inspired the move to gmail...