shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, August 22, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/22

News you can use:

Tropical Storm Fay keeps pounding Florida with wind and rain. Two people have drowned as a result of Fay.

Senator Barack Obama says he has decided on his running mate. The two are expected to appear at a stop in Springfield, Ill. on Saturday. The Obama faithful will be receiving text messages of who the new VP is sometime prior to the official announcement. Maybe Niki can give us a heads up?

Two earthquakes have hit the same county in China in the past two days. Three people are reported dead and over 100 are reported injured.

News you can lose:

Aren'tTheOlympicsOverYet:

- I'm running dangerously low on steam for the Olympico.

- One of the Chinese divers looks like she hasn't eaten in weeks.

- I agree with Kristen, the male beach volleyball players should AT LEAST take their shirts off.

- Do I need to give the USA relay team a lesson in baton handling? I am a high school professional, after all...

Word of the Day:

juju (noun): 1. An object superstitiously believed to embody magical powers 2. The power associated with a juju.

We've got good juju going on here at the bar. Or is it the bar that has the good juju?

1 tips left at the bar:

~Trish~ said...

Ohhh I like the word juju...I think I am going to partake in a few juju drinks this evening ;)