shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Monday, August 18, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/18

News you can use:

I really don't want to be the one to tell the other Smartini girls, but if I must, I must. The latest Harry Potter movie has been bumped from the original release date of November 21 to next summer. There, I said it. Don't shoot the messenger!

The Redland Dam in the Grand Canyon gave way yesterday morning and caused some flooding. The earthen dam break, coupled with over eight inches of rain since Friday left several hundred visitors and residents of the area stranded.

Did Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi get hitched?

News you can lose:

OlympicInsomniacation:

- I'm sure that I don't even need to tell you that Michael Phelps went 8/8 gold medals and beat Mark Spitz's record. The man is a MACHINE. (And I'm sure he will be getting laid like no other.)

- The white commentator dude for track and field looks like he's wearing eyeliner.

- How hilarious is it when the gymnasts throw their arm up, pop their head up, do that super fake pseudo smile and then immediately go back to killer serious stare down?

- Damn, the Jamaicans are FAST!

- Did you know that Trampoline is an Olympic sport? Holy crap, I was bad ass on the trampoline back in the day! Maybe there's still hope?

- The German gymnast who took silver in the vault is 33 years old and could be confused for a man.

- My husband coined a new term tonight 'Gymnastophiles' I'm sure you know what he's referring to.

Word of the Day:

lackadaisical
(adjective): lacking spirit or liveliness; showing lack of interest; languid; listless

You will never see such blatant evidence of being lackadaisical as you will see this Dirty Little Secret Week.

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

I had planned on doing WTFriday for that damned Harry Potter movie announcement, but alas, it didn't happen. I can't believe we have to wait until next summer, after seeing the trailer and everything! And hey, did y'all know that the kid who plays the young Tom Riddle is Ralph Fiennes' nephew? Thought that was neat-o.

HA, we totally had the same conversation about the German he/she gymnast. Scary. And yet amazing she medaled at age 33.