shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, August 1, 2008

While You Were at the Bar 8/1

News you can use:

A horrible murder took place on a Greyhound bus in Canada Thursday. A male passenger repeatedly stabbed and eventually decapitated the 19 year old man who was sleeping next to him. It's possible to write more, but I just can't.

A town in Georgia purchased a strip club just so they could close it. The city of Lavonia, Georgia, paid nearly $1 million to buy Cafe Risque which sits along Interstate 85. I've seen the CR billboards heading south from Georgia to Florida and I can't say that I blame them.

One week 'til the Olympics, people!

News you can lose:

A few celebrities, one being John Mayer, met yesterday to discuss ways to rein in the paparazzi and their crazy stalker ways.

Word of the Day:

quondam (adjective): having been formerly; former; sometime

Since getting beat down in fabulous Scrabulous (by the Lo.Co. admins) I have to repent my quondam boastful ways. PS: Quondam looks like a fine specimen of a word to use in the next Scrabulous challenge.

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Quondam--indeed! I hate getting stuck with the Q.

Ugh, that story about the decapitation makes me want to puke.