shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, July 4, 2008

WTFriday: Somebody Get This Man Some Lansinoh

Thomas Beatie, the 'pregnant man', gave birth to a little girl last weekend. He tells People magazine that both he and the baby girl are doing well and that she was not delivered via Caesarean section.

What I want to know is, will he breastfeed?

(I know, I know, the article says that he had his breasts surgically removed, but if he still has some mammary tissue then it would be possible, right?)

Happy WTFriday, y'all!

3 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

So, we are to believe the baby was delivered "vaginally?" I have to say, I'm skeptical. I really doubt even modern science could replicate the nuances of what makes natural childbirth possible. Or is it just me.

Ruby said...

I think he is still a she when it comes to the parts down below. I suppose if he is off his male hormones, then according to his body, he's a pregnant female.

I wonder how soon he goes back on the male hormones, though? Holy crap, can you imagine the emotional roller coaster that would be? The 'motherly' hormones flooding in but then eventually being replaced by male ones? It hurts my head to think about it!

penelope said...

Aha. Gotcha. I really do wish the family well, and hope they won't be persecuted as the child grows up for this less than conventional process. If it were me, I might have kept it all on the D.L.