shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fish With a Foot Fetish

Who's up for a fish pedi?

A salon in Alexandria, Virginia is offering a very different kind of pedicure, one where tiny little doctor fish eat the dead skin from your feet. After the teeny carp have have snacked on your feet you are then treated to a traditional pedicure.

Several customers report that the fish do a better job than a razor at making their feet smooth and lovely and their tiny little bites give your foot a tingling sensation, much like it was 'asleep.'

If I were in Alexandria I would so go give this a shot! I used to love it when the fish would nip my feet when we were at the lake so I could see this as being pretty funny. Plus, who couldn't give the little fishies a buffet with their summer feet?

4 tips left at the bar:

tempe & chris said...

This place is right down the road from my house! I may have to go this weekend and try it out, just to report back to the Bar!

I'll just have to get over my fear of fish eating my feet...

Anonymous said...

No Thank You! That one is ALL you, Megan! I do NOT like when the fish nibble on you in the lake. I am the one that jumps and screams (which is hard to control when I don't want to freak my daughter out). Where do you find this stuff, Megs?

Anonymous said...

This is funny. A co-worker just sent me this yesterday. I am SURE I could not handle such a thing. I'll just have my calluses. Thanks.

penelope said...

Eeeewwww! Totally all you. Or Tempe, whoever gets there first.

Is feet exfoliation like the big thing this year? It calls to mind that yucko pedi-egg that shaves the dead skin off your feet... which wouldn't be nearly as disgusting if they didn't show the actual (or simulated, whatever) filings on the commercials.