shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Friday, June 20, 2008

At the very least I would like a Barcalounger.

What reality TV show would I be on, and why?

Let me start by saying that if I were a *slightly* less sensitive person, I would be on Survivor. I heart Survivor, maybe because I would never make it three hours on the show. Well, maybe one day and a night. But as soon as hunger kicked in the next morning, my demise would be quick.

Here are the facts:
*I sunburn easily.
*I require sleep.
*I require good, comfortable sleep.
*I am a bug magnet. They find me, they suck my blood, I swell.
*I don't respond well to hunger.
*I lose my head, actually, if very hungry. Can't focus. Very unpleasant to have a conversation with.
*I wear contacts. Wouldn't they dry up, and/or get sand on them? The very fact that I worry about this ridiculous, tiny matter proves that I would be a horrible Survivor contestant.
*I could never wear a bathing suit on national TV. Much less a Survivor BUFF as a bikini top. I think all females under the age of say, 35, are required to do so, and if they don't, they're considered totally uncool.
*I would totally cry if my camped burned down. Especially if my Magic 8 ball went with it.
*I can swim, but I'm not that good a swimmer.
*I'm going to be useless at challenges if I'm hungry and not well-rested. Might as well be one of the animals out there.
*Which, speaking of, not a big fan of the animals, either. Snakes, spiders, RATS, and who knows what other furry, slimy scary beasties are lurking under a rock. Yipe. Next Survivor, there's supposed to be elephants and gorillas and hippos walking around. I have nightmares about these things. I mean, they're fine in theory. Just not at my campsite.
*I would totally miss my family. I tear up just thinking about the video that J.Lo, K.Lo, and N.Lo would send me 20-some days in. I would be in little Penelope pieces all over the jungle floor.
*I might fly under the radar as a strategy, since I tend to blend into the walls, but I feel like I might be terrible at the game otherwise. I mean, it's one thing for me to be all, "IT'S A GAME, PEOPLE!" from the comfort of my own living room, but in "reality," I might be just as offended if someone wrote my name down on that parchment. I might take it personally, even if I knew in theory that it's absolutely stupid to do so. The unavailability of burgers and fries, not to mention a Tempurpedic mattress pad, out there in the wild might be doing the talking more than my Super Badass Survivor-Playing Self.

But I still really, really want to be on the show. Because it's Survivor, man. Camping, strategy, pushing your own physical limits. A shot at a million dollars! And in the immortal words of last season's Erik the Ice Cream Scooper, "Look, it's Jeff Probst, he's standing right there!" (Or something to that goofy, starry-eyed effect.)

Let me end by saying that because I am a sensitive girl and this Survivor dream just isn't going to happen, I'd at the very least like to be on Wheel of Fortune. It's true. Is WoF even a reality show? Probably not, but I'm going to make it mine, anyway. I'm certainly not going to go on The Real World, my brain might explode. So, WoF: Everyone's so happy on there, and the puzzles are totally workable, especially on a full stomach. And no one goes home a loser. As Pat Sajak once noted, on certain other games shows, which may or may not begin with a "J" and rhyme with "Schmeopardy," if you lose, they don't even send you home with a Barcalounger. At WoF, they give you a thousand bucks just for your trouble. But I would totally get to the Bonus round, with a lot of money and a vacation or two under my belt. I'm sure of it.

5 tips left at the bar:

Ruby said...

Suvivor is such a dilemma! I would have a real problem not being able to brush my fuzzy teeth. REAL PROBLEM.

But then again, IT'S A MILLION BUCKS! Maybe I could get over all the nastiness for that. Plus, maybe it would lead to fame and fortune and a handsome husband like Elisabeth Hasselbeck!

Ruby said...

Oh, and you would be the best WoFer that the world has ever seen.

For Reals.

Would you let us all take turns sitting in your Barcalounger?

Anonymous said...

You sound just like me except instead of worrying about contacts I worry about tampons. Like where are they stored, because a wet tampon is not a good thing. Do they have to burry them after? Can you imagine an animal running around the jungle with your dirty tampon yuck! Ya, the tampon issue is totally my why would I even think about that issue

Ruby said...

Oh, good call on the tampons. Do they even provide them? Maybe there is a port-a-potty a ways off that the crew uses and they let the girls use that? Eew, just the same.

Andria said...

awesome. Love that you gave us all the reasons you couldn't do a reality show you really would want to.

I love WoF. Such a happy show, I agree!