shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama Always Said

Newsweek recently featured a blog that is pure genius. It's a collection of excerpts from IMs and emails from moms to their kids that is hilarious. Check out the article and the blog and remember two things: 1) this is all because our moms care so much and 2) this is the kind of thing our kids are going to be selling us out on, some day in the future.

I particularly like this one (and could totally see me doing this kind of thing):

"me: hi mom

mom: hi pookie...i just booked tickets for zumanity. miss you

me: What is zumanity?

mom: it is a very erotic show that explores sexuality. hopefully dad will enjoy it. Lol. it is at new york new york where we are staying

me: oh dear lord. does dad know about this?

mom: yeah....it explores gay stuff too. he he. he shold be ok...there are boobs in it too. zumanity.com

me: well i can't click on that right now because i'm at work

mom: oh...maybe later then"


Oh! And one more:

"I was in the car listening to the radio, and who is this "shorty" they keep talking about in rap songs?"

Happy Mother's Day to all the Mamas!

1 tips left at the bar:

penelope said...

Happy Mother's Day!

That blog is fantastic... but again, damn them for putting up a blog and drawing near instant traffic and a book deal. How do these people do it?!