shot of sass, served on (n)ice

Thursday, May 8, 2008

He may be a Mudblood but...

Masala is so Ron Weasley.

For starters they both have ginger hair. They share an over-eagerness and curiosity that often get them into trouble, and neither is a stranger to breaking the rules.














Underneath it all, though Masala's got a great heart; plus he wears a red collar, so he's totally a Gryffindor.
I also have it on good authority that if Masala could speak human, he would absolutely be a smart-ass. For instance, when I'm not giving him attention, his favorite thing to do is grab something he knows he can't have and prance right in front of me so that I will see him and have to reprimand him. Then he responds with a little look that says, "I'm so cute, you know you can't be mad at me."

Even though sometimes he runs away, Little M is also pretty loyal. In fact, as long as you're nice to him and don't take his toys, he'd love to play with you all day long.

Like Ron, he is also a little clumsy. He's not stupid, but he's only smart when he wants to be. And he hasn't quite figured out all the spells just yet - he knows in theory, but he'd rather be eating treats or investigating that weird smell in the ground than studying the books.
Oh, and he also was not a big fan of his Christmas sweater, a gift from my parents:

(The picture is a little blurry - but he's chewing the crap out of it.)

7 tips left at the bar:

Anonymous said...

Love it! And, oh my! He's gotten so big! I definitely haven't seen enough update pictures.
There's no way a pet of yours could be a smart ass. He would just not have that kind of example set by you.
Love that he ate your parents Christmas sweater. so funny.

penelope said...

Those first two pictures juxtaposed are pretty genius! They really look alike!

Ah, and I was trying desperately to liken at least one of my dogs to a Hogwarts character, to no avail. I have less than 24 hours to figure something out!

Niki said...

For the record - that spacing in the post is ALL WRONG - not at all how it appeared when I "previewed" it. Sorry guys. Again, stupid blogger.

penelope said...

Spacing is the bane of my existence with blogger. I feel ya.

tempe & chris said...

He's gotten so big! What a cutie pie... and what a perfect comparison!

Ruby said...

Use of a Harry Potter character gets you a zillion points in my book!

M has gotten so big... and that's awesome that he hated the Christmas sweater as much as Ron.

jenn said...

What a great comparison! And I totally adore Ron, so I have no doubt that if/when I meet Masala, I will adore him too. :)